The Olajterv Nuclear Chief Engineering, lead by chief engineer Emil Géczi operates at two sites with nine employees.
The activity of the Olajterv Nuclear Chief Engineering is connected to the Paks NPP and the Public Limited Company for Radioactive Waste Management. Our customers come from two main groups, on the one hand the members of the MVM Group, like the Paks NPP Co, MVM ERBE Co., MVM OVIT Co., on the other hand the Public Limited Company for Radioactive Waste Management.
The Chief Engineering performs its activities in three areas, on the one hand design activities relating to NPP operation, maintenance and related general contracting activities, on the other hand design and expert tasks necessary for the extension of operation time of the nuclear power plant, and thirdly the design and general contracting activities in relations to interim spent fuel storage.
Within these areas the following design and general contracting tasks are part of our job:
a.) design work relating to NPP operation, maintenance and related general contracting activities
- divisional realization and authorization designing necessary for upholding of the operation;
- designing to avoid high energy pipe breakages;
- general contracting, execution and realization tasks based on planning documents.
b.) design and expert tasks necessary for the extension of operation time of the NPP
- creation of expert analyses, calculations and execution plans for the earthquake-proof strengthening of the pipelines;
- preparation of heat layering calculation and study;
- preparation of life cycle fatigue calculations and of inspections of pumps and fittings, taking into account the requirements of an increased life cycle.
c.) design and general contracting activities related to spent fuel storage
- realization designing of a four chamber storage building as part of the first phase of the third stage at the Paks site of RHK Kft., and building it as general contractor.
Our scope of activities may in future broaden with design and preparation activities relating to nuclear power plant extension.